Sign In
Sign In


Share Article On

Company Name Reservation

Issuance of Trade name non-confusion certificate

The non-confusion certificate shall be issued for the trade name of capital companies (joint stock companies, limited partnership companies, limited liability companies and one person companies).In accordance with the provisions of the Trade Names Law No. 55 of 1953 and the Commercial Registration Law No. 34 of 1976 and Law No. 159 of 1981 to show that the name of the company allegedly incorporated or the amendment of its name is similar to the name of another company already established (registered with the Authority and the Commercial Register), in order to protect the names of the two companies and not to provoke Applicants may apply for a certificate of non-confusion of the trade name when establishing a new company or for the purpose of modifying the name of an existing company through the Authority's website or through the Investor Services Centers. It may be used by another investor during the validity period of the certificate and its duration does not exceed 15 days. 

A special service for capital companies only in accordance with Law No. 159 of 1981 or Law No. 72 of 2017

No documents required

114 EGP
30 miuntes
E-Portal , ISC
Via the E-portal:
1. Sign up, create an account and specify your workspace. To do this, use GAFI e-portal: Then, choose the name reservation service, upload the required documents, and submit the Application to be checked.
2. Pay the fees using a credit card, and e-sign the non confusion certificate. 
3. the non confusion certificate will be sent to your workspace on GAFI's e-portal.  
- In case of encountering any problems call the hotline: 16035 from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. CLT, or contact: 

1- Name reservation process is to be issued from GAFI incorporation and ammendment lawyer based on the submission of five alternative names organized in order of preference with no direct engagement with commercial registry employees..
2- Pay the fees of booking the trade name and issue the certificate and then receive the certificate of confusion after the approval.