Egypt's Investors Services Center (ISC), GAFI eases the way for global investors looking to harness opportunities presented by Egypt's fast-growing domestic economy and the nation's robust competitive advantages as an export hub for Europe, the Arab world and Africa.
It also Help you to obtain all necessary National and Local approvals to facilitate a fast start-up of your operation in Egypt. Gathering representatives from 47 ministries and government agencies authorized to provide all necessary licenses and approvals required for the establishment of businesses.
Facilitate the procurement of business licenses.
Offer technical advice and information to clients planning.
Introduce a transparent and reasonable fee structure.
Improve the quality and timeliness of government related processes.
Services offered through the ISC :
first : Incorporation Establishment Services:
Providing services related to the incorporation of the companies; companies with the following legal status types are incorporated:
1- Joint Stock companies.
2- Limited Liability companies.
3- Partnership by shares companies.
4- Sole Proprietorship.
5- Partnerships (Limited Partnerships – Joint Liability).
6- Sole corporations.
Second : After establishment Services:
1. Legal Services:
Ratifying the meeting minutes of ordinary & extraordinary general assemblies.
Issuing decrees of the legal amendments in company's articles of association.
Changing the legal form of companies( merging, division ,and conversion).
Closing of companies.
Ratifying the board meeting minutes.
2. Technical Services:
- Issuing a recommendation to the Customs Authority for the application of the unified custom duty 2% or 5% on the machinery, equipment and devices of the companies / corporations that enjoy and are subject to the provisions of the Investment law.
- Authorization of Import and Export Invoices of the companies / corporations that enjoy and are subject to the provisions of the Investment law.
- Issuing an import certificate for the materials, production requisites and the spare parts of the capital equipment, and issuing export certificate for the companies / corporations subject to the provisions of the Investment law, whose commencement of production’s dates are determined by the Authority.
- Issuing a recommendation to exempt the registration of the land purchase contracts from the stamp duty, publicity and notarization fees.
- Issuing a recommendation to exempt credit facilities / loans / mortgage contracts from the stamp duty, publicity and notarization fees.
- Opening branches outside the Arab Republic of Egypt.
- Issuing a recommendation to get an approval for operating to others.
- Approving the disposal by sale for the capital assets.
- Issuing a recommendation to get an approval for the registration of land, companies premises and banks’ branches purchase contracts.
- Requesting an approval for the shares trading of the Joint Stock companies established under the provisions of the Investment law and law No. 159 of the year 1981.
- Issuing recommendations to different bodies (city agency, commercial registration, investment taxation, customs, electricity…).
- Obtaining a ports’ entry letter (certificate) for the companies subject to the provisions of the Investment law.
- Issuing a recommendation to the customs authority to approve the import of the investor’s private car.
- Issuing a recommendation to get an approval for the opening or the closing down of the banks ‘branches.
Approving the opening or the closing down of new non-productive branches (sales outlets- administrative office) for sole corporations established under the provisions of the Investment law, inside Egypt (except for Sinai).
Authorization of documents submitted for the Foreign Ministry to obtain a foreign transactions’ authentication.
3. Governmental Services:
- Recommendations of granting residency to foreigners.
- Recommendations to grant and renew work permits for foreigners. - Recommendations to recruit workers/ subordinates. - Approving representation offices (listing- modifying- cancellation).
- Approving foreign companies’ branches (listing- modifying- cancellation).
- In case of companies that had been incorporated for more than a year, documents should be submitted to prove their seriousness; if such documents are unavailable, an execution status committee shall be formed. To be informed about the required documents for the execution status,
please scan the QR Code.
Use the following automated what’s up number to be informed about all the services provided by the General Department for Governmental Services: 01154202333.
4. Publication in The Investment Gazette:
- Publishing company's articles of association.
- Publishing the legal amendments in company's articles of association.
- Publishing special Decrees and ratifying copies of Investment Gazette to be ratified by Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
5. Tax Exemption services:
- Formation and approval of the commencement of activity’s committee and determining the execution status.
- Companies are granted tax exemptions automatically, and certificates of tax exemption enjoyment are issued.
6. Services offered by the General Department for committees:
- Forming committees for the determination of the commencement of activity’s date. - Forming committees for the determination of the companies’ execution status.
- Forming committees for granting special incentives
Adding the services of allocating lands and real estates for investors in the section related to the services offered by the investors services center as the following:
Services of allocation of land and real estates to investors:
In accordance with the provisions of the Investment Law No.72 of the year 2017 through:
- Offering lands to investors through an advertisement, in cooperation with the body with jurisdiction.
- Land allocation through direct requests.
- Studying demands and queries, from investors or bodies with jurisdiction, concerning allocations, and offering technical and legal opinions.
Bodies represented in the one stop shop.
There are 67 bodies represented in the One Stop Shop with the purpose of serving the investor whether in the companies’ incorporation phase, or in later phases.
Different bodies are represented in the One Stop Shop through one of the two following ways:
Through and authorized representative with the following competencies:
- Providing the investment services which are included in the competencies of every ministry/ body inside the One Stop Shop.
- Permitting or approving any decisions, documents or contracts that should be obtained by the competent minister or the head of the affiliated body.
Through a contact person with the following competencies:
- Receiving the investors’ applications, documents and fees needed for the offered services.
- Sending the applications to the competent body and following up the completion of the service.
Delivery of the requested service to the investor inside the investors services center.